So much to write..so little time

I really don't know where to start. I am actually laying in bed right now making a mental list of the things I should or should not write on here tonight. Not because I am scared of anything I might post, but I don't know if I could stop, making this blog the longest in history!

I have so many things going on right now, some are really really good and I am so excited. Let's see if I can recap. I am currently serving on the steering committee for the Act 6 ride, on the Board of Directors for the Token Creek Lions Club and now...drum roll please... new member of the MGHA board. I don't yet know my role for the MGHA but I am super excited because I feel like I already have some kindred spirits with me and I hope I can help steer the league for future players. We have a wonderful gift to share and I want to protect this league.

So, today I was a challenge at work. This week has been absolute and utter hell at work. I feel my blood pressure jump the second I walk into the building and this cloud of sadness and ick that is very difficult to describe. I have run into situations at work that always seem to me as the "witness" or "observer" if you will. It is hard to describe just how I seem to overhear things, or notice things that are going on. Perhaps it is because I always feel like an observer in life anyway, but anyway that is sort of my role. Anyway, today we had a situation and there needed to be a phone call to my supervisor in which case I was told to lie about a detail to another manager. There are some things that I am just not willing to compromise on in life and this would be one of them. First of all, how dare you ask me to tell someone else a flat out lie! Second of all, grow a pair and admit a mistake. I hate to be the only one in the lab that is not a CEBT (that is certified eye bank technician, makes you able to do certain things in the lab and I won't take the test until Sept) to point out the obvious deviation from our SOP. Anyway, it was a big error, that no one would fess up to and I am sorry, I just won't lie to help you cover up or do whatever you feel that you need to do. Nope, aint gonna happen from this girl. But anyway, I get hauled into my executive directors office and forced to share what I was told. Seriously....WTF!!!! I was so upset I was literally shaking, I could feel my face just super red. It was one of those things that I was so upset I could have broke down in tears.

Kicked, but not out, I will not surrender to this BS. I won't stand it, I will not compromise who I am or my own set of ethics. Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creeping up on the big 4-0

Alone

My Memory