Track star Marion Jones admits doping before 2000 Sydney Games - Olympics - Yahoo! Sports

 

Track star Marion Jones admits doping before 2000 Sydney Games - Olympics - Yahoo! Sports

Growing up I admired women like Jackie Joyner Kersee and Florence Griffith Joyner aka Flo Jo. These women were the track stars that I wanted to be like some day. Their blazing records and pictures I would plaster on my walls and talk about at track practice. I remember watching the Olympics late at night, dreaming of my day in the lights.

I can only imagine the kids of today that looked up to their hero Marion Jones. It is sad that girls don't have that to look up to anymore.

The normal "everyday" woman will have to start showing kids that everyone can be a hero. By having a sponsorship with Nike or Adidas does not mean you are deserving of respect or honor.

Comments

Anonymous said…
People should read this.

Popular posts from this blog

Creeping up on the big 4-0

Alone

My Memory