Pilot Dies In Plane Collision At EAA In Oshkosh - WFRV Green Bay: Northeast Wisconsin News, Weather and Sports

 

Pilot Dies In Plane Collision At EAA In Oshkosh - WFRV Green Bay: Northeast Wisconsin News, Weather and Sports

Okay so I was there today, enjoying my day and gearing up for the air show. Which evidently at EAA they have this new rule for the chairs that we set up, either hold it or fold it. I am not kidding! Loni got up to get a root beer float and the lady came over right away and told me that either I need to physically have a hand on that chair (while she was touching my stuff in the chair) or she would just fold it down for me. Now mind you, we had a couple bottles of water in it at the time and a camera bag, sitting in some mud from the vast amounts of rain from last evening. So, she wants to put that on the ground?! I don't think so lady, anyway, I think it was an eternity until Loni returned and I had to keep my hand on the chair...grr. So, our other main grip is that usually we sit by some rude individuals that either stand up, or have umbrellas. If it's 90 and sunny, out comes an umbrella, and today with some sprinkles (okay I was trying to see if someone was spitting that's how light this was) out comes 2 umbrellas in front of us. So, because it's overcast and we can't see above us too well, now the idiots were in front of us so I couldn't get a decent ground shot either. HOW RUDE!! So we decided that we should pack our stuff up and start walking away. I got much better pictures last year as we were leaving and we just love the military jets anyway.

I am very glad that we did because just after we walked away was the crash of 2 P-51 Mustangs. This is the second time that I have been at an air show where we have had fatal crashes. Last time I was working it as Military Police. My thoughts go out to the family's of those involved.

It just goes to show you how unpredictable life can be and to treat each day as if it was your last.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creeping up on the big 4-0

Alone

My Memory