May she rest in peace

I am reminded of a part in the movie Fried Green Tomatoes where Ruth is dying...Miss Ruth was a lady, and a lady always knows when it's time to leave.

Karen knew it was time to leave. I am thankful that I was up there on Friday night- I knew then it was going to be soon. She left us at 10:10am today. She has no more pain, she fought so well.

I will miss you my friend, whenever one of our softball teammates calls me double N I will think of you and smile. And although I hated playing euchre the boobie prize I won will sit proudly on my desk as a reminder of the laughs that happened during those parties. 

Be at peace & hurt no more. 


Me and Karen at one of our softball games


Karen at work during the big protests in Madison


Karen after a hockey game

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creeping up on the big 4-0

Alone

My Memory