Sorrow

I don't know if I can cry anymore right now. I don't know what words to say. I always expected to be the one losing one of my parents first, especially after my dad's open heart surgery. I never thought at her age we would be dealing with this. I have known her for 8.5 years, and she has always treated me like one of her kids. She has been more of a mom to me than my own mother.

I don't know how I am supposed to feel, I was introduced as a daughter-in-law, that's just what I am.

Reminds me of how much can change in an instant. Some people do not get second chances, they can't save everyone like they do in ER. Dr. House was not walking around ready to solve the problem. Sometimes people do not recover, they don't come back to us.

I am thankful for my friends, especially the come up to the hospital and just be there kind, or the drop some soup on your front porch while your not home kind.

Just reminds me not to take my life for granted, not to take those I love for granted. To remember we don't always get another chance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creeping up on the big 4-0

Alone

My Memory