WTF!!!

Okay please allow me to rant a little. Beware, I could use some profanity if the mood is right.

Okay I am coming off a recovery weekend today, not a terrible one. I did stay up a little late on Friday night working on some health things with a friend. So, okay I was up until about 1am. Get a call at 3am, dealing with some work stuff until about 5am. Then, 7am starts more work..all day. Then at night, we went with the girls out for a long drive just to take a long walk. I know it sounds funny, but we really did have a specific destination in mind but anyway, exercise was needed. Got home at a decent time, not early by any standards and had a decent night sleep...well until Sarge vomited right next to my head at 4am. This resulted in me laying on the couch for a little while and being paged again around 630am. So, off I go again do another case and make it back just in the nick of time for lunch with a friend. The rest of Sunday went pretty good but I was still somewhat tired. Then I get a call to be back at work for an excision at 1045pm. This will typically take about 1 hour so I thought I could easily be home before midnight. Well you know what they say about plans...

Tissue did not arrive until almost 1130pm and by time I got home it was after 1am. So, alarm goes off at 550am and here we go again to work. Funny, when I went to bed I remember thinking, this is just a nap not sleep. I figured when I got in today if I was just too tired I would be able to go home. I couldn't have been more wrong. Basically I was told today that If I wanted to leave early today I would be forced to use my benefit time or make the hours up this week. Not only was this completely offensive to me I just couldn't believe how unfair, wrong and just ridiculous this is!! So, essentially my safety or ability to work and do a good job for the recipient not important to them at all. They didn't care that I was making some critical errors, or could hardly keep my head up.

Long story short, in March I about drove into a semi and decided to say something about the state of exhaustion within the lab. For a while I thought I was taken seriously, only to find out now that my safety truly is not important. I am scared for the day that something happens to one of us that could have been prevented. I just don't think I can stand by any longer and have this continue, at least not for myself. It is just not worth it to me anymore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creeping up on the big 4-0

Alone

My Memory