Big week this week

Well it is the day before the AIDS Ride, I must admit I am getting nervous. I had today off of work to run last min. errands, pack my cycling gear and mentaly prepare for what lays ahead of me. I am creating a few playlists for the ride on my ipod, not sure if I will use them during the ride or just after we get into camp at night, who knows. I have about 4 hours until I have to do the pre-ride stuff, register, get my number, and then watch the saftey video. I will also turn in a few last min, pledges that came in about 8pm last night. I must say as I look back on this year of talking about it, thinking about it and then doing the training and fundraising it has been quite a process. I am utterly amazed at some people's generosity, just when you think someone will not do something a check is in the mail, or an email of encouragement, just when you need it the most. I had almost resigned myself to the fact that I was not going to meet the goal of raising $1,100 but I have done it!
Again, I cannot thank everyone enough. I have heard that this ride will change your life, perhaps they are correct. I hope to be able to bring awarness to communities and help those with HIV/AIDS. I am proud to be a part of this wonderful event.
You can email me while I am gone, just visit www.actride.org and look for the link to email riders. We will get them each night at camp.
Well lots to do...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creeping up on the big 4-0

Alone

My Memory