Graduation Day!!




Well yesterday was the big day for me, graduation came and went so fast! As we were getting in order we could hear the church bells ringing for our ceremony, and then the bag pipe player started...I wish I could describe the feeling I felt, the great sense of accomplishment as I began the walk towards the gym. The sun was shining down on us as we marched together, it was almost surreal. As we walked into the gym people stood up and cheered for us and I was so proud of everyone there. The energy was palpable,, as I scanned the crowd I could see Loni and her mom on one side, and my mom and dad on the other side of the gym.
As I walked up to the stage and handed the announcer my name card I could feel the tears starting to come..but as I crossed the stage I just HAD to lift up the arms to do a WHOOHOO as I accepted my diploma on the other end of the stage. After 12 years and so many hours of studying instead of hanging out with friends or my loved ones this was MY moment. And the fact that I was able to graduate Cum Laude, no one can ever take that away from me.
Congratulations Class of 2007!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creeping up on the big 4-0

Alone

I don't understand