2008 in a nutshell

As I look back on 2008 I have mixed feelings as I think we all do at this time every year. I saw the loss of 2 wonderful people in my life. One to senseless violence and the other while serving his country. I have been asked to serve on the board of directors for my hockey team which is a fabulous group of people that I enjoy very much. I was able to spend time taking picture and enjoyed the feeling that I get from being in the moment. Not to mention the experience of a lifetime when I was able to photograph the Indigo Girls & Natasha Bedingfield.

This year has allowed me to earn my EMT certification again, enjoy the first year in our new home, and celebrate 8 years with my partner. This year has brought me more a lot more heartache with my parents, but an increased reliance on myself and my family that I have chosen. I have met some amazing people, rode another Act ride, and played a lot more hockey.

It’s been a long year. I don’t really have any special hopes for 2009; I would like to enjoy it as it comes. Spend time with those I care about, take more photographs and work on being a better person.

I wish everyone a safe and happy new year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creeping up on the big 4-0

Alone

My Memory