Makes Me Sad

I just don’t know what I need to say anymore to help you understand. How every time you berate me on this topic it really hurts me, simply because it does mean a lot to me. Every comment, every snide remark just makes the cut a little deeper. I try to make sure that I do not spend too much time away that I am not involved in too much. I try to make sure that you understand my priority is with you. But I believe in certain thing, I believe in what I am doing. Can’t you understand that? Don’t you see that even though it takes me away from you I feel better for it?
You tell me you want me to be able to have “my time” yet it seems like that is only when it is convenient for you. When it doesn’t interfere with something you want. As long as you are working, or as long as you have other plans then it is okay.

Sadly, when I try to tell you that it is more than just a “meeting” you just dismiss that and tell me it’s stupid. It hurts. Makes me feel like what I am doing, how hard I am working to make this program work is just a waste of time. It’s already a stressful, thankless position, but your rejection of it makes me feel like it really doesn’t matter.

That’s the hopelessness that many in our community feel, I am working so hard to give people a safe and welcoming environment, just to have it thrown in my own face when I walk in the door. That makes me sad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creeping up on the big 4-0

Alone

My Memory