I'm Not Dead

I often wondered if I could use a Pink song as the title for my blog. Well I am still alive, I have been down since last week Sunday with Influenza A & B..lucky me. I was able to burn through all of my remaining benefit time for the year so now I have nothing until July. Again lucky me! Seriously I was the sickest I have been in a really long time. Moving from the couch to the kitchen was my marathon.

So, updates... I am as we speak finishing up my Madison Police Department application. It has been quite a work of passion, thought, slight procrastination and of course doubt. I have been wondering lately if being a cop is just what I am destined to do. It seems that I am either not qualified or just not a fit for everything else that I have tried...yet for law enforcement, I have my degree, experience and the Military experience. So who's bone brained idea was it to wait an additional 8 years to come full circle back to where I was. But anyway, I am hoping to turn in my app in the next week or so and I have a ride along scheduled for next week as well. Looks like 2008 might lead to something pretty wonderful.

The eye bank... still the same place although now we are missing the hospital and development director that I was so looking forward to working with in the new position. Well who am I kidding anyway, I don't think they are going to have the position, or at least I won't be hired for it anyway. I really don't want to be there any longer than I have to be anymore. It's just not worth it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm glad to hear that you are still alive and doing better. Sorry to hear that you have been so sick - especially since you had to use up your benefit time for being sick. That just sucks! Sorry I haven't commented lately - I have time to read, but not always comment. I still love hearing about things going on in your life so keep posting.

Popular posts from this blog

Creeping up on the big 4-0

Alone

I don't understand