birthday

only happens once a year mine
friday will be 29 years
10,585 days ago i was born
a brave terrified woman
all alone
she gave it all she could
she tried to keep me
she couldn't
she had courage
the kind of courage that makes you drive to another town
with your baby girl in your arms
and hand her over
to a complete stranger
i imagine her resolve
with tears streaming
down her cheeks
saying i don't know how
to do this anymore
i want the best for her
my baby girl
but the best in not me
no now
so she gave me up
in the greatest act of courage
selflessness
&
love
a mother can make
then she drove away
alone
sad
but a silent resolve that
she did the right thing
29 years later
does she think of me
doe she hear someone laugh
see a smile
wonder if it's me
if i saw you today
courageous woman
i would say
thank you
thank you for giving me love
life
hope
all you could
thank you for
letting
me
go
so friday might be my birthday
but i will think of
you
i hope you know
how special you are
courageous woman

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creeping up on the big 4-0

Alone

My Memory