Whew!

So the visit has come and gone...overall it was actually a good visit. We had a lot of work to do which could have attributed to that, although Loni was a little upset that she couldn't be a part of working on things around the house. This is the constant struggle, while my parents are here she is left on the sidelines. I know that especially when it comes to doing things around the house she just wants to help, to be a part of it. That makes me sad.
This week also begins a new chapter in my life as well, I am finishing up work at one job and get ready to start my new job on the 11th. As usual I am a little nervous about the new environment, the new dress code will take a little getting used to for me but I will figure it out. I am looking forward to growing some roots at a company that will let me grow with them...not a fan of the dead end positions I have had recently.

Also last week I saw one of my friends get a position with a police department. I am very happy for her, but I am not quite sure of my other feelings yet. I think I have accepted that the signs are all pointing to this not being my career path, seems kind of funny to look at it that way. All the years of school, joining the military all with the goal of getting on a police department and to now find myself just saying that is okay. Very strange to me. But I still have mixed feelings about it, but I am sure that will pass too. I just want my life to mean something, in whatever capacity it should be..I just want to make a difference.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creeping up on the big 4-0

Alone

My Memory