Not sure what to post...

Yet I find myself, sitting in the dark, writing. I have been out of sync, kind of off pace for the last couple of days.

This time of year is always awkward for me...birthdays make me think of the wonderful gift that a scared 17 year old girl gave me 30 years ago. She decided that after almost 1 year of trying hard to care for me she just couldn't do it anymore. She drove into the city, and gave me away with the hopes that someone would love me and care for me like she wanted to do. It takes courage to do that, it requires the ability to look out for someone other than yourself.

This week marks 10 years since I met Kathy aka birth mom. 10 years since I sat across from her, and told her thank you for having the courage to ask for help. I am who I am, because of the opportunities I have had in my life, a life that would have been remarkably different had she kept me.

Thank you Kathy, you did the best you could do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creeping up on the big 4-0

Alone

My Memory