Some words

I am sitting here in a self imposed isolation..thinking about the last week. I will say it was one of the more stressful ones I have had in a while.

My parents will visit 1 more time before heading down to Fl. for the winter. Always a bittersweet time of year for me. I don't think they relax and enjoy retirement enough during the summer but they are so far away during the winter. Each year I wonder if I am going to get another phone call like I did just a few short years ago. My dad mentioned quite a few times this weekend about getting up to 75.

Today some friends let us down..again. I hate 1 way friendships - I find them obviously lopsided and disheartening. I am a pretty forgiving person..sometimes to my own detriment, but after so many years of letting people trample on me enough is enough. I am at a point that if you are unwilling to invest some time back at me then I will not continue to seek out time with you. I don't believe that you should trust someone fully until they earn it but if you do something to burn that trust with me it is quite difficult to get it back. I have just had enough with some people.

Lot's of important,life altering milestones have/are approaching: 13 years since the skin grafting operations, 15 years since that moment of terror, 16 years since we lost House...these things are on my mind and heart...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creeping up on the big 4-0

Alone

I don't understand