Seasons Change

So today we made a very tough decision in that we are not returning to our hockey team. This has been quite a year for us as our team struggled with just issue after issue. It never felt like a home to me and for an organized sport it was very frustrating. Sadly the list of issues came to a head last Tuesday where my tolerance to the issues just broke.

Fortunately for me I was able to spend time on Sat with a friend that I was able to chat about some of these hockey issues with and a have a good sounding board to what I have been trying to decide for a while.
And today we made the final decision to seek a happier environment for us. And as we started making the phone calls to let people know so they can fill out spots it was like a weight lifted off us.

The hard part are the very few friendships that we have made on this team - some are very strong and for others apparently this is a test that might be too much to handle. Especially when I get an email that tells me that they need some time and they are hurt. Really? I would hope that friendship carries more weight than a team you play for. But then again it shows true colors and apparently true friendship.

So, I guess we will have to see how the next season goes - hopefully we have found our home and can get back to enjoying the sport I love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creeping up on the big 4-0

Alone

My Memory