Hello world..yes I am still here

So it’s been a while since I have posted anything on here. Not that I don’t have anything to share but again I don’t have the time/energy to relay things. I am still trying to find the rhythm lately to get things together, too many meetings, commitments other stuff just takes priority. I am actually at a point for the Act ride that I am debating if I want to stay on the steering committee. I love helping plan the ride and getting mentors all set up for people, but between the MGHA, my EMS stuff and general life I just don’t have the time anymore. But how crappy is it to drop in Feb when the ride is in Aug? I don’t know, I just can’t hang it up but I know I need to let something go. We will be starting Eskrima soon as well which is awesome but again 2 nights a week, then there is more hockey coming this summer.

The MGHA has been super stressful recently, we have had some board members leave and new ones join but for some reason I feel like we are spinning out of control. I am trying to do my best to help shape the league but sometimes I feel like I don’t have a voice. We have a responsibility to keep certain things rolling and sometimes that means we have to get a little firm with people- tough love so-to-speak. I just hope that’s how people will see it in the future.

Loni has been trying out a new chiropractor which I think is a smart move for her. With her scoliosis her current dr. isn’t up on all the latest things and the new dr knows how to help with sports as well which I think is awesome. My biggest fear is Loni will be hunched over and in a wheelchair in 10 years and we need to keep her tip-top while we can now. Unfortunately with everything else in the world this will cost some big $$. We are meeting with them tonight to decide if this is something we can even afford right now.

Our freezer took a shit in January, we held out as long as we could because the plan was to buy a treadmill this year not a fridge. So sadly we had to resign to not getting a treadmill and looking at fridges. Well happy day my work was raffling off some treadmills and exercise bikes, so we purchased 4 $10 tickets and wouldn’t cha know it we won the treadmill!!! So, picked that up on Friday ( I will save that headache story for another day, I will say though it looked like we were robbing the credit union) so a $3000+ treadmill for $40 is not a bad investment!

I think that is about it for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creeping up on the big 4-0

Alone

I don't understand